Are you interested in media or broadcasting? Have you ever dreamed of being a radio DJ? Join our team!
Who we are:
As a volunteer-run operative, Y57 Media is a weekly one-hour radio show that broadcasts live every Tuesday evening from 7-8 PM. Our show is community-focused and youth-driven, and we feature local music, news, and events every week. We can also be found on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Where we’re located:
Our home is at Vancouver Co-op Radio located in the heart of the Downtown East Side of Vancouver on unceded Coast Salish Territories. As a member of a cooperative model, we promote equal opportunity and participation all while providing support for underrepresented voices in the mainstream media with a strong community focus. For more information about Vancouver Co-op Radio, please see their website here.
We’re looking to expand our team and we want you to be a part of this new chapter of Y57! Below are some of the current openings that we are recruiting for. If you’re interested, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible!
Benefits of Getting Involved
- Gain hands-on experience in media production and manage a weekly radio show
- Host a live radio show with in-studio music and news guests and air recorded material
- Experience writing for an online publication and work within editorial deadlines
- Build a well-versed portfolio of published/aired work
- Enhance marketing and promotion skills through social media and event planning and production
- Gain access to local events for coverage as media
- Discover and play on-air new music created by artists in the local community
- Make new friends in various industries
We are currently looking for new people to join our team!
Ready to apply? We’re ready for you! Applications are due July 14th, 2019. Click here to go to the application form!
If you have any questions regarding the positions or just want to connect, email us at email@example.com.