Our On-Air hosts are the voices our listeners will come to love and recognize. Preparing and conducting interviews, opening and closing the show and facilitating the evening’s conversations will be your main roles. In addition to your on-air gig, you can also try your hand at pre-recording audio pieces to grow the kind of content you can work with.
In your application, please include a statement of interest that includes the role you wish to apply for, why you want to join Y57 Media, and one idea you want to bring to the show.
Who you are:
- Great conversationalist – You thrive off a good balance of sharing ideas and stories.
- Active listener – You are present in the moment and have a keen interest to understand.
- Curious – You love knowing more about all people, places, and things
You’re interested in…
- Developing on-air skills
- Engaging with local artists and events
- Becoming a great interviewer
Previous Experience (but not necessary to apply):
- Journalism, writing and/or interview experience
- Public speaking experience
- Availability on Tuesday evenings at least 2-3 times a month from 6:00-8:00PM
- Ability to prepare interview questions ahead of time (Including artist research)
If you are interested in this position, please apply here.
After the application process has closed and we have reviewed all the applicants, we will be in touch for a potential interview and next steps. Please only submit one application. If you have any further questions, please send us an email at email@example.com. Thank you!
The deadline to apply is Sunday, July 14, 11:59PM.